Tuition Assistance Guidelines
The following tenets guide the fair and equitable distribution of tuition assistance at FFS:
- The submission of an application for tuition assistance does not guarantee an award, nor does demonstrated need guarantee an award.
- A student must be accepted to Frankford Friends School in order to be considered for tuition assistance.
- Applications for tuition assistance are completed and reviewed on an annual basis. Tuition assistance awards are for one year only. Receipt of an award does not guarantee receipt of additional awards in subsequent years.
- All tuition assistance awards are based on family need, as determined by the Financial Aid Committee. As stated in the Community Handbook, current students must be in good standing academically, behaviorally and financially in order to be considered for or receive tuition assistance.
- Every effort is made to maintain the percentage of tuition assistance received per returning student (as need dictates).
- No award will exceed 50% of a student’s annual tuition.
- Divorced, separated or never-married parents are individually required to complete the PFS (Personal FInancial Statement) application and/or provide documentation of custodial agreements (in the case of divorced, separated or never-married parents - applications for tuition assistance received from only one parent are incomplete and will not be considered).
- FFS will impute an annual salary equal to one year’s tuition for any non-working parents with no children under kindergarten age at home.
- Self-employed parents or guardians are required to furnish a copy of their current business tax returns.
If you have questions or need assistance at any time during the process, please contact Bethann DiGiovanni in the Business Office at 215-533-5368 ext. 124 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.